- Complete IBI Handout 29 by Monday. No submission needed.
Today we observed how the Daphnia's heart rate changes based on different substances. As we already know, all living things respond to stimuli from their environment. We took our Daphnia and observed its hear rate under normal condition (fresh water), observed its heart rate with caffeine, and then observed its heart rate with alcohol. Here's what you need to do:
- Download today's procedure and review the steps.
- Download IBI Handout 29.
- Practice calculating the heart rate of the Daphnia using the first video below. Follow the steps in the procedure sheet to help you do this.
- Use the videos below to calculate determine the heart rate of the Daphnia in each substance.
- Complete all data tables on IBI Handout 29.
- Complete the conclusion on IBI Handout 29.
You received two files today:
- 1/8 Daily Procedure
- IBI Handout 29: Finding the Heart Rate of Daphnia
For the normal heart rate, look at yesterday's post.
Daphnia in 1% alcohol.
Daphnia in 1% caffeine