- Complete SDRO Handout 6.
- Think about which project version you would like to work on and with whom you would like to work. You will need to tell me this (on a form) by Wednesday, November 18th.
Today we worked on SDRO Handout 6. Here's what you need to do:
- Review pages 86-91 of the SDRO textbook.
- Download Student Sheet 5.2 below and save it to Notability.
- Draw the genetic material (in the appropriate form) on each page of the student sheet. I've done prophase for you (see image below) to see what this looks like. Reference the textbook (pp. 86-91) to help you make your drawings.
- Download SDRO Handout 6.
- Screen shot the correct page of Student Sheet 5.2 into the correct box on SDRO Handout 6. (Ex: Page 1 of Student Sheet 5.2 should be screenshot'ed onto page 2 of SDRO Handout 6).
- Beneath each picture write a thorough description of what occurs during that stage of the cell cycle.
- For the definitions on page 1:
- Interphase: the cell carries out its life functions, grows, and duplicates DNA and organelles
- Mitosis: the duplication of the nucleus
- Cytokinesis: the splitting of the cell
- The diagrams on page 91 of the textbook show more chromatids than the other diagrams in the reading. There should only be 2 per nucleus (or 4 total per image; not 6).
You received one file today.
- SDRO Handout 6: The Cell Cycle