- Review Lessons 1 and 2 concepts and vocabulary from study guide.
Today we determined what it means for an object to be brittle and ductile. Then, we interacted with objects to determine if they are brittle or ductile. We applied this idea to rocks within earth's interior. Here's what you need to do:
- Write down the definitions of the terms brittle and ductile on handout 19. You can use p. 92 in the online textbook (See step 3 on that page).
- With these definitions in mind, answer question 9 on the handout: where on/in earth do you believe rocks are more likely to be brittle and ductile? Why?
- Finally, download handout 20 and answer the first question.
You received one handout today:
- XPT Handout 20: Investigating Faults with Models