- WNC Lesson 5 Reflection due in Schoology by 8am tomorrow. No submission = zero.
Today we reviewed some key ideas from handout 4 (colliding air masses) and reviewed key ideas from handout 5 (t-storms, tornadoes, and hurricanes). Then, we began to investigate vortices (such as tornadoes and hurricanes) by modeling their formation in two connected 2L bottles. Here's what you need to do:
- Look at the diagrams you drew on p. 2 of handout 4. Be sure to describe the following in each diagram: where the cold/warm air is, the density of the air (high/low), and what type of front (cold, warm, stationary, occluded, or no front) is shown in each diagram.
- Review your answers for question 8 in the analysis. Make sure you understand the concept of how wind occurs with warm/cool air, its density, and pressure.
- Review Table 1 on handout 5. Verify your information is correct and detailed.
- Tomorrow you will jump into the vortices activity. We didn't get too far into it today.
- Complete your homework (WNC Lesson 5 Reflection). It's due tomorrow by 8am.
You received one handout today:
- WNC Handout 6: Vortices
The password for the answer key is the same as the textbook password.