- Bring colored pencils to class tomorrow and Friday.
- Check your answers to Handout 26 analysis to the answer key below.
- Period 1 only: Have the Handout 27 analysis completed. Bring your colored pencils to class tomorrow and Friday.
Today we completed the second part of lesson 11. We modeled how lava forms different rocks based on where the lava cools: on a slope, on a flat surface, and in water. Here's what you need to do:
- Download XPT Handout 27.
- Make predictions of what you think will happen to liquid wax when it is poured on the slope, when it is poured on a flat surface, and when it is poured directly into cool water (this is done on the data table on page 2).
- Use the images and videos on this page to record what actually happens.
- That's all you need to complete on XPT Handout 27.
- Check your answers on XPT Handout 26 to the key below.
You receive one handout today:
- XPT Handout 27: Investigating Lava and New Landforms